Secure Environmental Containers (SECs™)
Secure Environmental Containers (SECs™) are Dufrane’s building block approach to the temporary on-site storage of low-level radioactive waste (LLRW). Dufrane’s SECs™ are available in a variety of capacities, wall thickness and configurations. This assortment can satisfy standard and special requirements. Low initial investment provides maximum flexibility to match your current on-site storage needs.
Materials of construction are steel reinforced concrete with integral lift anchors at the lid and body. All units are prepared and finished with a primer and a two coat epoxy paint system for ease of decontamination. Modular assemblies are also available for sites with low lift capacities. Lids may also be customized to allow processing within the shielded SEC™.
Technical specifications shown below describe our most widely used SECs™. There are, however, many other models available.
DNSI 8-120-H SEC™ Functional Description:
- External Dimensions: 117″ diameter by 113″ high
- Internal Dimensions: 66″ diameter by 76″ high
- Wall Thickness: 25.5″ of steel reinforced concrete
- Lead Equivalent Shielding: 5″
- Capacity: 120 cubic foot liner or Eight (8) 55 gallon drums
- Empty Weight – Base: 61,500 lbs.
- Empty Weight- Lid: 24,100 lbs.
- Total Empty Weight: 85,600 lbs.
DNSI 14-200-H SEC™ Functional Description:
- External Dimensions: 124″ diameter by 115″ high:
- Internal Dimensions: 78″ diameter by 80″ high
- Wall Thickness: 23″ of steel reinforced concrete
- Lead Equivalent Shielding: 4.5″
- Capacity: 200 cubic foot liner or Fourteen (14) 55 gallon drum shields
- Empty Weight – Base: 60,000 lbs.
- Empty Weight- Lid: 27,400 lbs.
- Total Empty Weight: 87,400 lbs.
For additional information, including the latest product cut sheets, please use our Contact Us page.